When it comes time to move, the last thing most people want to think about is what it will cost. There are ways to save money, but it’s important to make a budget and decide what you will spend on each item. With the right planning, you can make your move as cost-effective as possible. At Billy Goat in Fort Collins, we strive to provide exceptional services at an affordable rate. If you need to move in the near future, give us a call today!
The Cost of Moving
Billy Goat Moving
BEFORE YOU MOVE
There are some costs to consider before moving day, and you’ll want to be sure you build these into your budget. These can include:
- Packing and moving supplies – You may need boxes, tape, bubble wrap, and other packing and moving materials. The cost of these can add up quick, so be sure to only get what you need.
- Vehicle expenses – If you’re moving to another city, you’ll want to be sure your car or truck is in good working order. Taking it to your mechanic can help ensure nothing happens on moving day as you’re driving to your new home.
- Security deposit – If you’re moving into a new apartment, you may have to put down a security or pet deposit before you arrive.
ON MOVING DAY
Moving day can be both exciting and stressful, and when creating your budget, make sure you include all the costs associated with the big day. These include:
- Food and gas expenses – If you’re driving, chances are you’ll stop along the way for a meal or two. You’ll also need gas for your car or truck.
- Lodging – If your move involves an overnight stay in a hotel or motel, you’ll need to build that expense into your budget.
- Paying the movers – If you had friends or relatives help you move, you may feel like offering them some form of compensation, even if it’s in the form of pizza and beer. If you hire professionals, payment will most likely be due on moving day.
PROFESSIONAL MOVING SERVICES
One of the biggest parts of your budget will be transporting all of your stuff from your old place to your new one. If you hire a professional moving company, it’s important to get a quote from them before you book your moving date. At Billy Goat, we offer competitive pricing on all of our services, and we promise that you’ll get exceptional value from our team. We know that it can be tempting to want to move everything yourself, but the time and effort it can take may not be worth it when compared to the cost of hiring professionals.
If you’re moving anywhere in Colorado in the next few months, and you want a team that will treat you and your belongings with respect, contact us today. We’re located in Fort Collins, but we’ll come to wherever you are and make your move an enjoyable experience. With nearly 15 years of experience, we know what it takes to safely transport your belongings.
Call us today to learn more.